Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ponderables ....from the Pond eh!!




From the pond eh!


I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me.Being happy is enough for me.




Happiness is never stopping to think if you are.




Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad.



I think I will just renew last year's resolution which was:To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time....and it works for me , I' m happy eh





The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.




I always liked Winnie the pooh as a kid and still do:
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.



As people spin faster and faster in the pursuit of merely personal happiness, they become exhausted in the futile effort of chasing themselves.



In order to have great happiness you have to have great pain and unhappiness - otherwise how would you know when you're happy?



You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.


One last thought on New Year's:
Why won't they let a year die without bringing in a new one on the instant, can't they use birth control on time? I want an interregnum. The stupid years patter on with unrelenting feet, never stopping - rising to little monotonous peaks in our imaginations at festivals like New Year's and Easter and Christmas - But, goodness, why need they do it


On a toadally more serious note:
Well, Christmas will be upon us again in a matter of days, and every year some will argue that it be renamed Giftmas beause of all the consumerism and materialism surrounding it. Butt™ I'm sure many of us will never forget the real meaning(oh it's Jesus Christ's birthday).His list would include a wish of happiness, a wish of peace and a a wish of love...which is what we really need while we're on this beautiful planet.


I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year full of peace and love!!



No comments:

Post a Comment